1. What types of personal information do we collect?
Our services consist of assisting individual community members to connect and communicate with local councils and business entities (both local businesses and larger corporations) in relation to achieving projects based in a local community (“Services”)
In the course of providing our Services (or for other activities associated with providing our Services), we may collect the following personal information (information that personally identifies you):
- Your full name
- Organisation (if applicable)
- Postal, residential or business address (as applicable), including municipality
- Email, telephone and mobile number.
- Financial or payment information, including credit card details.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
There are many aspects of our website which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, personally identifiable information is required to be provided by you in the following situations:
- If you contact us through any means (including via phone, email or website inquiry), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- If you apply for, establish or access an online account or sign up to our online mailing list;
- If you place an order to purchase any of our Services (whether online or not).
Most of your personal information will be collected from you directly through our website when you register for our Services. We may also collect your personal information from you directly by mail, email, telephone or meeting with you personally, if required.
We may also collect personal information about you when you use and access our website through the use of “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that the website may place on your computer. Cookies may be used, among other things, to track the pages you have visited, to remember your preferences and to store personal information about you.
You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our website or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
When you visit our website, our web servers may record other information about or relating to you, such as the time and date of your visit or the IP address assigned to the computer you are using to access the website. In many cases, we cannot and do not use this information to identify you personally – rather, we simply use this information to track and improve the performance of the website.
3. How do we hold your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information while it is in our control, but please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Your personal information that is kept on-site is encrypted and stored on our internal platform. We hold and maintain all encryption keys and key management cycles to the encrypted information.
We also store your information on third party cloud infrastructure, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). Your information is stored in AWS’ encrypted databases. AWS is sourced for security and does not collect your personal details or payment information for its own business use.
Certain personal information about you may be linked with other information about you. Only our authorised officers can access your personal information and our databases are protected by passwords.
We engage the services of Stripe Inc (“Stripe”) to process credit card payments (including debit cards). Accordingly, some of your information may also be stored in an encrypted vault which is controlled by Stripe for the purposes of managing payment.
We will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy your personal information if we no longer require it. This includes requesting that any backup copies of information held by third parties are returned to us, de-identified or destroyed, and taking steps to ensure that this has occurred. We note that residual copies of information may persist for up to 60 days due to the backup systems that we use and that are used by AWS and Stripe.
4. Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information to enable us to provide the Services to you, as well as for related purposes which you would reasonably expect us to.
We will collect, hold and use or disclose your personal information to:
- Set up an online account for you.
- Allow you to connect other individual community members, local councils and entities (as the case may be).
- Notify you about changes or updates to the Services.
- Keep records of your business with us, including following termination of our Services.
- Improve, review and measure the manner in which we provide the Services to you.
- Manage and respond to any complaints or queries you have in relation to the Services.
- Market and advertise our business (to which you may unsubscribe).
- Manage our business, including engaging any third parties relating to your business with us (such as accountants, legal advisers or a debt collection company).
You may choose not to disclose your personal information, or to deal with us using a pseudonym, however, if you choose to do so, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or respond to any query or complaint which you have in relation to our Services.
5. Do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- If you are an individual (and not representing a business or council), we disclose your name, municipality, email address and ideas for projects to your local council, in order to provide councils with data that relates to the people participating in projects and to achieve projects, and or to enable the council to send you information about events and projects within your municipality. Individuals’ names, local municipality and a chosen image will be available for viewing by the public.
- Our external software engineers for the purposes of website and online account maintenance.
- Our external digital marketing team for advertising purposes (i.e. the disclosure of names and information to distribute emails).
- Stripe, which is engaged by us to ensure that payments are processed securely.
- Our external cloud computing provider (AWS) for the purpose of storing your information.
We consider these purposes directly related to the purpose for which we collected your information
AWS stores its data on its Australian server. Although we take all reasonable precautions to ensure your data is held within Australia, AWS may store backups of your data offshore. Stripe may store data in any country in which it has operations and may transfer data outside the United States.
If any of these other entities hold data overseas, by providing your information to us you consent to the disclosure of your information to those countries, even if they do not have privacy legal regimes similar to that in Australia.
6. Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. These links are provided solely for your convenience. If you submit personal information to or via any linked website, the privacy principles applying to that information are outside our control. You should check the privacy statement of the linked website before submitting information to or via that site.
7. How can you access your information or make a complaint?
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you would like to do so, we will give you access to the information within a reasonable timeframe, and will make every endeavour to ensure that the information is updated correctly as soon as practicable.
Telephone: 1300 993 209
Post: Tribus Australia, 115 Sackville St, Collingwood, VIC, 3066
Our authorised privacy officer will contact you directly in response to your query within 7 days. If your complaint fails to be resolved, you may take it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the online privacy complaint form, by mail, by fax or by email - https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us.